Thursday, July 21, 2005

Memorable quote from Pulp Fiction

Okay - yes - the entire Pulp Fiction movie is basically a non-stop stream of memorable quotes. Read the script by Quentin Tarantino. This quote, from Jules Winnfield (Samuel Jackson) in the final scene, just happens to be the one playing in my mind that I'm sharing with the world. Too cool.

JULES

There's a passage I got memorized.
Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the
righteous man is beset on all sides
by the inequities of the selfish
and the tyranny of evil men.
Blessed is he who, in the name of
charity and good will, shepherds
the weak through the valley of the
darkness. For he is truly his
brother's keeper and the finder of
lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee
with great vengeance and furious
anger those who attempt to poison
and destroy my brothers. And you
will know I am the Lord when I lay
my vengeance upon you."
I been
sayin' that shit for years. And if
you ever heard it, it meant your
ass. I never really questioned
what it meant. I thought it was
just a cold-blooded thing to say to
a motherfucker 'fore you popped a
cap in his ass. But I saw some
shit this mornin' made me think
twice. Now I'm thinkin', it could
mean you're the evil man. And I'm
the righteous man. And Mr. .45
here, he's the shepherd protecting
my righteous ass in the valley of
darkness. Or is could by you're
the righteous man and I'm the
shepherd and it's the world that's
evil and selfish. I'd like that.
But that shit ain't the truth. The
truth is you're the weak. And I'm
the tyranny of evil men. But I'm
tryin'. I'm tryin' real hard to be
a shepherd.

06May13 add: scene on youtube.

- Eric

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you blew it.

6/02/2008 6:04 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Huh?

8/23/2009 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

--> << Home

<< Newer
Older >>
HOME

Powered by Blogger