Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Every night I ask the stars up above, why must I be a teenager in love?

Lyrics, of course, from "A Teenager in Love" by Dion and the Belmonts, 1958 (youtube). (Scroll down on the linked website for other cool 1950s songs.) That song and "Everything She Does is Magic" by the Police (youtube) struck me as songs that captured how I felt over Traci wuzzername.

Here's a snapshot, "'Click together, but ... ", of me miserable with rejection and unrequited love over Traci in 2000. I posted this plea for help to alt.romance in a pathetic search for answers when I knew there weren't usable answers to be had. By 2000, I was already past my teenage years, of course, but I don't believe chronological age makes a difference when it comes to spiritual matters of the self. It's not like I'm mature when it comes to relationships. Far from it, even today, when I'm nearly finished with my 20s. If anything, I've regressed in that regard, which is one reason I need to finish up and exit Columbia. I need to grow up again and find Miss Right, and I ain't finding her at Alma Mater.

Eric

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The most important thing is find a girl that likes you back. Everything else will come naturally, no need for more introspection.

4/02/2006 7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Six years ago? You're pining over a girl from six years ago? Get a life, man. And from your link, it sounds like she wasn't even interested in you. Sad, just sad. Move on.

4/10/2006 3:24 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

The most important thing is find a winning mega-millions lottery ticket. Everything else will come naturally, no need for more introspection.

5/07/2013 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

--> << Home

<< Newer
Older >>
HOME

Powered by Blogger