Saturday, February 02, 2008

. . . I can't support Barack Obama for President

I want to support Barack Obama for President, but I can't - not after he's received the endorsement of Moveon.org:
Dear MoveOn member,

With hundreds of thousands of ballots cast across the country, for the first time in MoveOn's history, we've voted together to endorse a presidential candidate in the primary. That candidate is Barack Obama.

This comment I left on Tigerhawk's blog sums up my heavy-hearted regret over Barack Obama:

A big part of me thinks of Obama as the President I badly want - charismatic, principled and decent, serious, post-Baby Boom, multiethnic and multicultural, cosmopolitan, idealistic and progressive in the Kennedy sense. Also, he's a fellow Columbia grad. Remove the Long War from the equation, and he'd have my full support. However, the fact remains that the issue that matters the most to me is that we win the peace in the Long War. Obama's pandering to the anti-war Left deeply disturbs me.

With Mayor Giuliani no longer a candidate, I support John McCain for President and Commander-in-Chief.

Eric

1 Comments:

Blogger Representative Press said...

see video: MoveOn.org Pushes the Worst (Clinton and Obama) while ignoring Gravel for President
MoveOn is doing such a disservice to the American people. MoveOn is undermining efforts to end the war. MoveOn pushes candidates who ignore the US Constitution and International Law. Obama openly violates international law by threatening Iran with an attack.
http://representativepress.googlepages.com/MoveOn.html

2/03/2008 1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

--> << Home

<< Newer
Older >>
HOME

Powered by Blogger