Friday, October 20, 2006

Metrotones good and Mets eliminated

Tonight, I went up to Columbia to check out the Metrotones, Columbia's all-girl a capella group. They performed in Furnald lounge and split the performance with the Carnegie-Mellon University Originals, an all-male a capella group. College a capella groups are one of my favorite things. I haven't attended nearly enough a capella performances in the time I've been at Columbia.

Mets lost to the Cards 3-1 in Game 7. I feared the decimated starting pitching would be their undoing. As it turned out, John Maine and Oliver Perez were effective Games 6 and 7. It turned out that the Mets hitting went cold in Game 7, and one of their top relievers - Aaron Heilmann - made one bad pitch to give up the winning runs. They had their chances, 11 men left on base, including the bases loaded in the 9th, and just couldn't get the timely hit to drive them in. The Cards were the tougher team. They deserved it.

It's too bad; the Mets had such a promising season. On the other hand, now I don't have to think about the Mets and I can focus on my schoolwork and whatnot.

Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home

<< Newer
Older >>
HOME

Powered by Blogger