Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I saw Neil Gaiman in person!

I'm a big Neil Gaiman fan. His Sandman graphic novels are at the top of my list of all-time favorite fiction, and his traditional novels are excellent, too. On Tuesday, September 30th, thanks to a timely heads-up from the Columbia University Science Fiction Society, I was lucky enough to see Neil Gaiman in person at the Horace Mann theater in Columbia's Teachers College. He was there to start the book tour for his new book, The Graveyard Book. Gaiman read the first chapter and it sounded as enchanting as all his previous work. He had on highly shined boots. Here is the Columbia Spectator account of the event.

During Gaiman's reading, I sat on the steps by stage-left, Gaiman's right, maybe 12 feet away from him:



For Gaiman's question and answer session after the intermission, I moved up to the balcony:



It would have been too cool to have had a photo taken with Gaiman, but oh well. I also would have liked to ask him if he has considered pairing up with Guillermo Del Toro, the director of Pan's Labrynth and The Orphanage, movies which closely match Gaiman's aesthetic. But I forgot. Oh well, too.

Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home

<< Newer
Older >>
HOME

Powered by Blogger