Sunday, March 14, 2010

Babe of the day: Rose Byrne


Last week, I watched Sunshine with Rose Byrne and was reminded: she is a fine beauty. She has the expressive eyes I like so much. On interviews (you can catch them on youtube), her Australian accent and manner are a bit disconcerting. It was harder than I expected to find a picture of her for this post - in most of her publicity pics, she either has too much make-up or looks too skinny. I settled for this movie still, from a Rose Byrne fansite, from Sunshine, in which she looks softer and more natural.

Eric

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"her Australian accent and manner are a bit disconcerting"

What on earth is that supposed to mean? Australians are supposed to speak with Australian accents. Are you being xenophobic? Why? I'm sure her countrymen get tired of hearing her constantly put on an American accent in order to make a living.

As far as Rose's "manner" is concerned, I like it. She's quirky and free spirited and unlike many of the cookie cutter dullards in Hollywood.

3/24/2010 11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a great interview with Rose in which you get to see what (I imagine) she is truly like. She seems pretty wonderful and down to earth to me and her accent is lovely.

3/24/2010 11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops. I forgot to add the interview link. ;-)

http://www.mcnblogs.com/thehotblog/archives/2009/07/dp30_adam.html

3/24/2010 11:07 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

"What on earth is that supposed to mean?"

I'm not prejudiced against Australians, least of all the lovely Australian actresses who've made their names here. I meant the manners and accents of her characters I've seen are startlingly different than her manner and accent in interviews.

3/25/2010 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

--> << Home

<< Newer
Older >>
HOME

Powered by Blogger