Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Thought of the day

Comparing my heart-broken stuff to MRA/PUA self-improvement stuff, what stands out is that the idealistic vision of a soulmate has guided my decisions. Yet despite the failure and hurt, I haven't changed my mind. The problem is everything else follows from the premise and it seems the premise is wrong. So I have nothing. I want it, yet I get older, and hope dims with the setting sun. From Thoreau's Walden: "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation."

Eric

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bag Blog said...

"...the idealistic vision of a soulmate has guided my decisions."

I haven't been by your blog in a while, but that line caught my eye today. We've had some heartbreak around my house recently. It has made me wonder if in raising my daughter, we put too much emphasis on finding a husband. It seems to cloud every decision, yet it is the goal. In the meantime, maybe contentment should be the goal.

7/20/2010 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

--> << Home

<< Newer
Older >>
HOME

Powered by Blogger