Friday, September 23, 2011

Walt Harrington's Dubya and Me

Read the article by Walt Harrington. (tip from neo) I too believe history will judge President Bush more kindly than his contemporary detractors. I didn't vote for President Bush in 2000; I voted for President Bush in 2004 and am proud that I did. Though I can quibble and disagree with him in places, I believe Bush made the right big decisions in historic, perhaps epochal, moments that demanded them.

I can't help but favorably compare Harrington's depiction of President Bush with Nassir Ghaemi's poor assessment of Bush, despite that the premise from which Ghaemi's unthoughtful partisan hit on Bush followed is favorable towards me.

Harrington's piece reminds me of Tom Junod's The Case for George W. Bush.

Eric

1 Comments:

Blogger Mad Minerva said...

I spend most of my nerd life studying history, and I concur that Bush will be judged more favorably by posterity than by, say, Code Pink circa 2004. The Left's bogeyman Dick Cheney will likely also go down in history in similar terms. We could also add an ancillary line on inquiry into the role and response of the news media.

9/25/2011 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

--> << Home

<< Newer
Older >>
HOME

Powered by Blogger