Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Teamwork - the real stuff



From http://asoldiersblog.blogspot.com/: US Marines of the 1st Division train in an abandoned primary school outside Fallujah, Iraq , Monday, Nov. 1, 2004.

What I miss most about the Army is the shared purpose, trust, mutual reliance and 'you watch my back and I'll watch yours' ethos. Now, soldiers aren't like that 24/7/365. Soldiers are real people, as imperfect, incompatible and varied as anyone else, but when it's time to work, soldiers pull together as soldiers and charlie-mike (or CM: continue mission). The best experiences I had in the peace-time Army were in training, when the BS was put aside and my squads achieved our common goals together. At the US Military Academy at West Point, if it can be said cadets are drilled with one enduring lesson above all else, it's not Duty, Honor or Country, it's Team.

- Eric

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home

<< Newer
Older >>
HOME

Powered by Blogger