Sunday, August 27, 2006

World Trade Center movie - David Karnes and Jason Thomas

I just watched the movie, World Trade Center. Movie reviews here.

David Karnes and Jason Thomas are former Marines who on 9/11, put on their cammies (BDUs, in Army-speak) and - with uniforms on - were able to enter the World Trade Center site. I could have done that just as easily, with my Army uniform. I didn't think of doing that, which is a gig on me. If I had been thinking with enough clarity and confidence as Karnes and Thomas on 9/11, maybe I would have done the same thing. I should have, and I wish I did. After all, I was only 5 months out of the Army at the time - my stuff still fit and I was still physically fit. Instead, I went up to the first cop I saw and asked to help, and when he said I wasn't needed, I ended up wasting effort and doing nothing constructive.

Karnes and Thomas are a credit to the service. They're models. They did the right thing - I wish I had, too.

Eric

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home

<< Newer
Older >>
HOME

Powered by Blogger