Sunday, October 21, 2007

R-Day and Beast Barracks flashbacks



Here are a West Point grad's recollection, recollection, recollection, recollection, recollection, recollection, recollection, recollection, recollection, recollection, recollection, recollection, recollection, recollection, recollection, and recollection of R-Day and Beast Barracks, and the Academy itself.

Been there, done that.

I don't remember much about my R-Day at West Point, just a few snapshot flashes, but everything in this grad's account of R-Day and Beast rings true, with some differences. I'm not a woman, I went through Beast nearly 2 decades after she did, I entered the Academy as a prior-service prepster, not a 18-year-old civilian, and I don't quite get the "6 to 8 weeks" statement. Beast is 6 weeks, then you're into Acceptance Day and Re-Orgy week, then the (fatal for me) plunge into academics. Two weeks can be an entire training period at West Point. Maybe she factored the post-Beast transition into the expanded time range?

Anyway, it's a nostalgic read. I share very little with West Point grads, but we do share R-Day and Beast Barracks.

Eric

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home

<< Newer
Older >>
HOME

Powered by Blogger