Saturday, November 07, 2009

Winners always want the ball when the game's on the line.

Here's another resonant quote from one of my favorite movies, the under-appreciated The Replacements:

Shane Falco: I read Blitz!
Coach McGinty: Bullshit! I put the game in your hands. You got scared.
Shane Falco: I read Blitz.
Coach McGinty: [confronts Falco] Winners always want the ball when the game's on the line.

Later . . .

Coach McGinty: What's it going to be, Shane?
Shane Falco: I want the ball.
Coach McGinty: Winners always do.

I've failed to live up to this principle and my failure must stop. I would add to the Coach McGinty quote that winners want the ball when the game's on the line - even when they fail, which happens.

Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home

<< Newer
Older >>
HOME

Powered by Blogger